- Radon Testing Guidelines for Real Estate Transactions – This fact sheet and pamphlet summarize radon-testing protocols for individuals involved in a real estate transaction. Either format of this document is the pamphlet approved by IEMA in accordance with the requirements of the Radon Awareness Act.
- 32 Illinois Administrative Code 422 - This rule implements the Radon Industry Licensing Act.
- Radon Industry Licensing Act - This is the legislation that required those providing radon testing and mitigation to be licensed with this Agency. The 32 Illinois Administrative Code 422 outlines the details of how this licensing is implemented at IEMA.
- Illinois Real Property Disclosure Act - An Act relating to the disclosure of knowledge of radon in a home by the seller of residential real property
- Illinois Radon Awareness Act - This is the legislation that requires the seller to provide to the buyer of any interest in residential real property the IEMA pamphlet entitled "Radon Testing Guidelines for Real Estate Transactions" and the Illinois Disclosure of Information on Radon Hazards.
- Disclosure of Information on Radon Hazards – This form has been reviewed by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR). This form may be used to satisfy the requirements of the Radon Awareness Act.
For radon information by telephone call (800) 325-1245 (Information Line) or to speak to an IEMA Radon Program staff member call (217) 782-1325.